Immigration Physical Services
Immigration Medical Associates (IMA) provides physicals and other medical services for immigrants and refugees seeking citizenship or a change in residency status. Our trained Civil Surgeons complete all USCIS and CDC required testing and fill out the I-693 and any other required medical paperwork. In general, paperwork is ready within 7 days of the patient's first visit as long as there are no positive laboratory findings or missing medical documentation.
The current services offered by Immigration Medical Associates are:
- Immigration physicals
- Tuberculosis screenings
- X-ray services
- Laboratory testing services
To make an appointment for an Immigration Medical physical, please contact either urgent care and they will work with Immigration Medical Associates to set an appointment.
Know Before You Go
What to know before you go:
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Photo Identification: Passport, visa, or driver's license will all work
- Any medical history available, but most especially any vaccine records.
- Any I-693 paperwork they have completed in the past.
What kind of payments do you accept?
- Immigration medical exams are not commonly covered by insurance companies. Immigration Medical Associates no longer contracts with any insurance companies because of this issue.
- Patients pay for their examination services at the time of service and can submit their bill to their insurance for possible reimbursement.
We accept most major credit cards, cash, and money orders. Paperwork will not be provided prior to payment of services.
Why do I need to receive vaccines to complete my physical?
- The USCIS requires that immigration patients provide documentation for all required vaccinations. If a patient has not previously received a vaccine or lacks written documentation, the patient will generally have to receive the vaccination prior to the completion of their examination.
- The only exceptions to this rule are patients whose current health situation does not allow for vaccination.
- Some vaccinations are counter-indicated for pregnant women or people with certain medical conditions.
How long after completion can my paperwork be submitted?
- Generally, immigration medical physical examinations are good for 6 months.
- The USCIS may require repeat testing for tuberculin skin testing after 3 months. After 6 months, patients will need to complete a new immigration physical and repeat necessary testing.
- This requirement is to ensure that patient health insurance is accurate and up-to-date.
- If the USCIS needs corrections or clarifications on your paperwork after submission, we will make any necessary changes regardless of the paperwork's age.
How much will my visit cost?
- Most adult examinations cost between $250 and $500.
- Patients that have previously completed all necessary vaccinations will generally have smaller bills.
- Children’s physicals are generally cheaper than adult physicals because they do not require blood or urine screens.
- Please call either site for a customized quote.